TAP Health is The Health Collaborative’s signature careers pipeline initiative for high school students.
Our mission is to build the next generation of healthcare professionals by aligning the best young talent with
education opportunities and experiences at health systems and healthcare organizations.
The TAP Health Summer Academy is a group of career exploration programs consisting of TAP MD; TAP RN: Diversity; and TAP HC – programs which respectively help guide students through the ins & outs of seeking a career as a physician, registered nurse, or any career within the broad spectrum of healthcare. The TAP Health Summer Academy also consists of a virtual learning program, TAP Health Remote. Upon completion of any TAP Health program, our students become part of an Alumni Network consisting of more than 500 students, many of whom are already nurses, medical interns, and residents right in our own medical community! We know our programs have both an immediate and long-term impact in helping students feel equipped and empowered to pursue a rewarding healthcare career.
TAP HEALTH PROGRAMS
Our signature Careers expo event! HealthFORCE allows high school students in any grade the opportunity to explore an entire range of careers. In addition to an exciting panel of professionals – there are activities, prizes and dozens of regional healthcare employers and colleges who set up booths to highlight what’s exciting about different healthcare professions. Our next event is on November 1, 2022. Click here to visit our HealthFORCE page!
From nursing to occupational therapy, pharmacy, public health, healthcare administration, health IT & more – let’s “tap” into your potential to work in healthcare! This program has numerous events to give students a well-rounded view of a variety of healthcare careers.
Students attend various learning experiences that show the A to Z’s of being a physician… what you should do now to prepare, various specialties, practice settings, info about medical school & more! Let’s “tap” your potential to be a physician.
In 2022, we’re introducing a new program with the goal to increase the number of students from historically underrepresented populations in nursing! By diversifying the registered nursing pipeline, we’ll make progress toward reducing health disparities and improving health equity in our region.
Our Remote program allows students to get virtual access to live and recorded events from wherever technology allows! These events include online presentations, panels, individual speakers, videos, podcasts and more. Students enrolled in other TAP programs will automatically have access to TAP HEALTH Remote, along with students who join because they wish to learn about healthcare at a distanced pace.
Over 92% of students who have completed a TAP Health program have indicated that they plan to go into a career in medicine or healthcare.
At the completion of 2021, over 519 students will have completed a TAP Health program, representing nearly 50 high schools and a dozen counties.
- To apply to any program in our 2022 TAP Health Summer Academy, a student will need to be a current high school junior / rising senior in the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, or Southeast Indiana area.
- For acceptance to TAP HC, TAP MD, or TAP RN: Diversity – students must complete an application and be selected. Applications for 2022 open on Monday, March 14. Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Health Collaborative values the health, safety, and well-being of our region and medical community. Throughout the pandemic, our TAP Health program has adapted as needed from in-person to virtual programming. Though we expect to return to in-person programs, this will be subject to change following any updates in public health and safety guidance. We require TAP HC, TAP MD, and TAP RN students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- The 2022 TAP Health Summer Academy Application is now closed. If you have questions, please contact Heleena McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to apply to these programs in the future, you may still click here to view the application (for reference only).
- We also encourage you to apply to our TAP Health Remote Program! We take enrollment All Summer Long! TAP Health Remote provides a combination of all our programs in a no-cost, virtual setting.
WHAT DO STUDENTS OF TAP HEALTH HAVE TO SAY?
I thought you’d be excited to hear that I recently graduated from Ohio State with a BS in Neuroscience and will be starting in the UC MD/PhD program this summer! TAP MD was a major part of my personal statement for applications and I frequently talked about the lessons I learned during interviews. Thanks for everything you did for the program, I don’t know if I’d even be going to med school without TAP MD!
TAP MD Class of 2014
I have enjoyed every moment of TAP MD and have learned so much. I know now more than ever that I want to be a doctor. I hope someday you are bringing students to watch me perform surgery. If you ever need alumni for anything, keep me in mind.
TAP MD Class of 2017
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE FUTURE
Interested in TAP HEALTH or HealthFORCE merch?
Are you or do you know anyone from a previous class of TAP HC or TAP MD? We’re always hoping to track down more students from previous years! Please get in touch and/or join our Alumni Network on LinkedIn.
TAP HEALTH MEDIA
UC HEALTH HOSTS TAP MD CLASS FOR “TRAUMA 101”
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
VIVEK ALAMURI: TAP HEALTH SUMMER WORKSHOP AT THC
Today, we visited The Health Collaborative’s office for a day filled with lots of speakers and guests! I’d like to start out by thanking all of the people on the panels for taking time out of…
TAP MD STUDENT BLOG: REFLECTING ON “TOP DOCS” EVENT WITH WILL CAMPA
On Thursday, January 30th, several TAP MD students and I attended the Cincinnati Magazine “Top Doctors” reception at the…